You can benefit from free connection with G.Network by applying to the Gigabit Voucher Scheme.
Your account will be credited with the value of the connection fee when we receive confirmation of the voucher application.
- £50 (+ VAT) off for Homes
- £200 (+VAT) off for Businesses
The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is a grant scheme from the Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) which aims to increase full fibre coverage across the UK. Full fibre networks offer the fastest and most reliable internet speeds available. Full fibre connectivity in the UK is among the worst in Europe so the UK government is committed to a vision of a full fibre Britain.
HOW TO APPLY
The process is simple.
1. We apply to DCMS for a Gigabit Voucher on your behalf. All we need from you is:
- Your permission to apply
- Your details
- Your current internet speed
- Confirmation that you are an SME if you are a business
2. Once DCMS receives the application, the Gigabit team will email you to confirm that you are connecting to G.Network and agree to the terms and conditions.
3. You have 28 days to respond to that first email, failure to respond unfortunately means the voucher will not be granted and we would not be able to offer you free connection.
4. Next, wait for us to connect you. Once we have delivered your new service, the Gigabit team will contact you to ask if you’re happy with the service.
5. Once we receive confirmation from DCMS that the voucher has been granted, we will credit your account with the standard connection fee of £50 (+ VAT) if you are a resident or £200 (+ VAT) if you are a business.
DO I QUALIFY?
HOME & BUSINESS
The scheme requires that your new connection is double your current internet speed. Whether you are a resident or a business.
You can check your speed with your current internet provider or you can do a speed-check online.
You will also need to take a new broadband connection for a minimum of 12 months with no breaks.
*For more information on the scheme, visit https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk
FOR BUSINESSES ONLY
If these statements apply to your company, that means you are an SME so you qualify for the Gigabit Voucher Scheme
- Your company employs less than 250 people
- Your annual turnover is less than £50m
- Your balance sheet is below £43m
- You are not a subsidiary and/or under the control of a larger SME entity
- You comply with the European State Aid rules
- You have received less than £200,000 in other grants in the current and two previous financial years
If you have any further questions on the voucher scheme, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 033 4003.