Great opportunity for an affable, flexible and an analytical individual, who is a technically sound and understands the workings of a large-scale network and capable of acting as a point of escalation for the most complex faults. Equally comfortable working individually or in a team to deliver projects from start to finish.
The role will be reporting to the Head of Networks, the successful candidate will be responsible for small/mid projects, providing low level design (LLD) and configurations, as well as BAU operational support in a full multi-vendor environment.
As a predominantly project focused team role, prospective candidates will be expected to own their assigned project lifecycle, from scoping right through delivery and optimisation, either independently, or as a team lead.
What you’ll do
- Own, manage and deliver small to mid-level projects from the network projects pipeline.
- Assist with Business-as-Usual activities to support day to day network operations in an ISP environment.
- Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
- Assess, maintain and enhance network performance and security.
- Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
- Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides.
- Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
- Visit data centres & sites to keep the network up to a set standard.
- Provide Out of Hours support for network escalations.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Detailed experience in network support & operations. (ISP Preferred)
- Proven hands-on experience working with large-scale cisco deployments.
- The aptitude to work autonomously.
- Strong network migration and implementation experience.
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, QoS, QinQ, IPv6, Firewalls and VPN solutions.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Deep understanding of packet captures, and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems based on packet analysis.
- Experience of configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
- Experience producing technical documentation including, Low Level Designs (LLD) & Technical Guides.
- CCNP or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience).
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Network Security experience
- Experience with PON based infrastructure
- Service provider background
- Automation/Scripting Skills
- Exposure to SDN
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.