We are currently looking for someone that can fulfil a role that will draw on experience of working with Linux-based Network Systems and that will give you experience in working with a variety of systems such as Monitoring, IP Addressing, Inventory Management & Automation. Ideally, you will have a strong background in Network Automation, Monitoring, Systems Security & Networking Protocols including experience of implementing, administration and support of Linux Servers.
You will be part of the Network team bridging the work between core networking & supporting systems along with automation.
What you'll do:
- Install, Setup & Maintain Highly Available Monitoring Systems for Networks
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools
- Apply Security Policies to the Networking Systems
- Implementing & Supporting Azure services
- Assist with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures
- Apply security patches to OS and applications
- Implement and maintain automation to support scaling of the network
- Deploy & Maintain DNS & DHCP High Availability systems
- Producing intelligent, scalable, and maintainable automation solutions for network & systems deployments (based on python/perl/ansible)
- Troubleshoot and resolve application security level issues
- Troubleshoot any systems related issues
- Experience in configuration of network devices (primarily Cisco switches and routers)
- Good coding/scripting skills primarily focusing on network and system automation (Python)
- Experience with configuration management applications like Ansible
- Possess strong knowledge on network protocols and supporting systems (such as TCP/IP, SNMP, BGP, IPSec, Netflow, VPNs, DHCP, DNS & IPv6, HTTPS)
- Hands-on experience with Git, Bitbucket & Azure
- Experience with writing & maintaining CICD pipelines and workflows on platforms like GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Azure DevOps
- Good knowledge of Web Application Security protocols and tools like OWASP, IP Tables and OpenVPN.
- Experience in working in a small team and being self-sufficient.
- Understanding of Project Lifecycle.
- Ability to manage own time and work under pressure to prioritize Ad Hoc requests.
- Take initiative and participate in other projects.
- Experience with setting up monitoring system stacks like Zabbix, ELK and TIG
- Competence in deploying systems like DNS and DHCP in an ISP environment
- Experience working with and deploying systems with high availability.
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, and working with Linux (Ideally RHEL) systems with primary focus on network & monitoring applications
- Experience in Agile environment.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.