Hybrid working available
G.Network is changing connectivity in London. As a 100% full fibre network, we are digging streets and deploying fibre to the premises (FTTP) across central London, offering world class products supported by industry leading service.
Private Equity backed, G.Network has ambitious plans for customer services and support, and as a consequence is looking for multiple NOC engineers, to monitor and safeguard our network, as well as assisting customers and our field engineers in fault resolution.
The NOC Engineer will be responsible for monitoring of the live network and responding to new fault alerts, raising support cases and directing field resources to aid in resolution of all fibre faults. Acting as the primary incident contact for any issues raised, and driving the correct resources to the correct location to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
The role will be shift based, working four days on, followed by four days off and is based on our new state of the art offices in central London, just a few minutes’ walk from Oxford Circus tube station.
What you’ll do
- Using various monitoring tools, SolarWinds, Zabbix, Nokia AMS, etc.) you will be responsible for responding to any issues quickly, raising cases and informing customers of new issues, and keeping customer and internal stakeholder, up to date on progress of any faults raised.
- Liaising with our field teams and dispatch teams to ensure that engineers are responding to any logged issues and are providing clear and regular feedback on all issues.
- Track issues through to resolution, and provide thorough, documented handover details to the next shift where required so that troubleshooting can continue, uninterrupted.
- Maintaining clear, accurate customer records and case updates on any and all issues logged.
- Work effectively by yourself, and within a team, to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Raising support cases for customers to resolve any issues they may have relating to services they have purchased.
- Escalating cases when required and in a timely manner so that the customer’s fault can be resolved
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- An interest in networking and troubleshooting issues until resolution
- Knowledge of current internet technologies, IP addressing, DHCP, Wi-Fi and troubleshooting
- Strong work ethic with an ownership mindset and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Team player who is patient and works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written English skills as well as impeccable communication skills (able to maintain professional and effective, yet friendly communication with customers)
- Be able to multi-task , enjoy problem-solving and have a solution-focused mindset
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the customer is the top priority
- You’ll be passionate about building great relationships with our customers and other teams in the company
- Enjoy working towards targets
- Be adaptable to change and flexible in your approach
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment is preferred, but not essential
- Network+, A+ certification or similar experience desired, but not essential
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
We recognise that to hire great talent in this modern world, we need to offer flexibility. Therefore, we have a variety of working patterns to suit the needs of our people and business. This can include hybrid, office based, flexible and field based working.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.