Hybrid working available
The product team sits in the Sales & Marketing division and is responsible for defining, building and maintaining the product portfolio for residential and business customers across retail and wholesale channels. Our core product is 100% full fibre broadband and we also offer an expanding add-on portfolio including Voice over IP and Mesh WiFi. We’re continuing to diversify the product portfolio to build deeper customer relationships and to address growth opportunity areas such as smart homes and connected cities.
The addressable market for G.Network is diverse as our ‘contiguous’ network passes most premises within our target London boroughs. To maximise take-up, the product portfolio must address a range of business and consumer customers with widely differing connectivity requirements. In addition, we operate both direct and indirect sales channels, selling both to our own end customers and via selected third-party partners.
G.Network is growing fast and the pace of growth is accelerating. Over time, we expect to become the dominant broadband service provider in London. Our product portfolio must support and underpin this ambition and level of growth. The Portfolio Manager role will be accountable for the competitive positioning, performance and customer experience of our products to underpin our growth targets.
Working closely with the Head of Product, the Portfolio/Product Manager will define and deliver the roadmap, as well as managing and developing the existing portfolio and, improving knowledge and understanding of our products within the sales team with a particular focus on "go to market".
What you’ll do
- Monitor key market and industry product trends
- Track competitor product and pricing changes
- Attend industry forums and expositions
- Track direct and indirect customer insight and feedback
- Report on our product positioning relative to key competitors
- Maintain and update product opportunities to consider for roadmap
- Host collaborative roadmap sessions across the business to identify new opportunities
- Draw on product expertise to contribute product development ideas to the roadmap
- Define 3-5 year roadmap for each product line
- Communicate high level roadmap to the business
- Coordinate budget and business case submissions to align with roadmap plan
- Define new product developments to bring to market
- Support in requirements capture and impact analysis across all business areas
- Act as product lead in product development projects
- Support go to market programmes for new product launches
- Support training and sales enablement as product lead
Product expertise & ownership
- Develop deep product expertise across multiple product lines
- Build solid technical understanding of our network and products
- Take end-to-end ownership of selected product lines
- Work with networks team to understand product features and benefits
- Set standard pricing and work with marketing team on new promotions
- Define unit economic product profiles
- Recommend in-life incremental improvements and changes to products
- Set KPIs, monitor and report on product portfolio performance
- Define matrix for product migrations and implement with customer retentions team
- Retire legacy products to maintain manageable portfolio without long tail of old tariffs
- Submit budget requirements and targets for product lines
- Support in creation of product brochures, tariff guides & spec sheets for sales team
- Hold focus sessions with sales managers to ensure good product vs sales comms
- Build and maintain knowledge bank for customer facing teams
- Support marketing and digital teams in communicating our products to customers
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Product Manager and or/Product Portfolio experience with a focus on go to market
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience of communicating complex technical solutions in simple customer language
- Commercially minded with experience in business case creation and budget setting
- Performance-driven with a strong record of KPI delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Excellent organisational, planning, time management and budgetary skills
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Direct telecoms / industry experience
- Either / both retail consumer, business or wholesale B2B product experience
- Knowledge & experience of product lifecycle process
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
We recognise that to hire great talent in this modern world, we need to offer flexibility. Therefore, we have a variety of working patterns to suit the needs of our people and business. This can include hybrid, office based, flexible and field based working.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.