Hybrid & UK Remote working available
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to develop and maintain a portfolio of Highly Available, Business Critical Linux based servers & applications, in both bare metal and virtualized environments.
What you’ll do
- Implement, administer and support an array of Linux based servers.
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools.
- Ensure smooth operation of business-critical systems.
- Apply security patches and updates to the operating system & applications.
- Own & deliver systems related projects.
- Manage & Secure Database Clusters.
- Setup & Manage VPNs and user profiles.
- Adhoc out of hours support for Service impacting failures.
- Create support and maintenance documentation for infrastructure and systems.
- Deploy & maintain cloud based systems & applications. (Residing in AWS or similar)
- Deploy robust backups & disaster recovery mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application level security issues.
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Experience of installing, maintaining and working with Linux (ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (mariadb,postgresql).
- Experience of working in a small team and being self-sufficient.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Willingness to take the initiative and assist pick up tasks that may be outside your comfort zone.
- Understanding of basic Network protocols or similar knowledge (IP Addressing, VLANs, DNS & DHCP).
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
- Good working knowledge of Python and/or Ansible.
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters.
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and confluence.
- Knowledge of Server configurations; Apache/NGINX/Databases.
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with cloud based infrastructure (AWS EC2 Instances etc)
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.