Hybrid & UK remote working available
This presents a great opportunity for a creative, flexible and an analytical individual, who can Think, Drive, Design, Support, Coordinate and Deliver.
The Network Architect role would suit you if you have demonstrable technical design experience and understanding of a carrier grade network systems, whilst capable of delivering solutions to a high standard. You’ll need to be equally comfortable working individually, or collaborate with other colleagues, you should be able to lead and design network architecture solution from start to finish with a major focus on design, standardization and governance.
Reporting to the Network Manager, you will have responsibility to perform analysis, design and development of network solution for project and BAU tasks that address the business requirements and align to the architecture strategies, roadmaps, and standards
As a predominantly engineering & design focused team role, prospective candidates will be expected to own their assigned end-to-end engineering design lifecycle, from scoping through engineering and optimisation.
What you’ll do
- Lead, design and govern end-to-end network solutions & roadmap to ensure a highly scalable, high-performance and cost-effective architecture for our organization
- To explore business demand with internal stakeholders including requirement assessment, solution planning, prototyping and impact analysis
- Support project and BAU tasks by generation of technical engineering proposal as per business requirements.
- Research, evaluate and standardize the most suitable hardware, software and the details setup for network infrastructure
- Define standards, methodologies and procedure for engineering to ensure continuous improvement
- Maintain and govern all the relevant documentation
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects and resources from the technical engineering perspective
- Provide Tier-3 support for network escalations
- Support junior team members with the technical queries
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Significant experience in network architecture design for large-scale carrier network
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including MPLS, MP-BGP, OSPF/ISIS, DHCP & DNS, IPv6, Firewalls, VPN solutions & other L2 & L3 technologies.
- Proficient in analytical design methods, and is able to design effective medium/large scale network architecture
- Experience in proposing and implement carrier-grade network design
- Experience in leading a virtual team of subject matter expert in pursuit complex deals
- Experience in working with varies technology vendors in adopting new technology, proof of concepts and demonstration
- Experience in consulting service to perform network assessment to benchmark the current state and provide advice on area to be improved
- Solid understanding of latest network best practices and the means to implement them
- The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
- CCDE, CCIE or equivalent is required
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Cloud network Implementation and Migration Knowledge
- Exposure to SDN
- Automation Knowledge (i.e. Ansible, Python)
- Good knowledge of ITIL
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.