Hybrid & UK Remote working available
As part of our digital transformation and transition from start-up to scale-up, we are setting up product teams based on strong Agile and DevOps principles. As Cloud Architect, you will report to the Head of Development Operations and will support multiple product teams.
The tech stack comprises of high-end tools and is continually growing and expanding! It is an exciting time to join the company to drive the status quo of AI & telecoms to the next level with a worldwide impact.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain automation around the IT infrastructure and in alignment with company processes and regulatory frameworks such as GDPR (e.g., implement scripts to create, tear down, migrate and recreate environments)
- Develop well architected, maintainable cloud-based solutions using appropriate design principles, for example design patterns and SOLID principles
- Perform technical design reviews of software and IT infrastructure, and develop proof-of-concept solutions in the research service and deploy to the production service
- Manage the lifecycle of multiple cloud environments with extensions to on-premise high-performance computing facilities that run AI/ML models (e.g., implement health monitoring and alerting, implement)
- Advocate DevOps principles and coach product teams, which will extend to AI/MLOps
- Perform QA on existing infrastructure & related processes against company’s software development standards
- Deploy software updates to marketplaces (e.g., AWS Marketplace, Azure Marketplace)
- Provide environmental support to delivery teams to maximise efficiency
- Design and evaluate the product Solution by evaluating product epics, revised infrastructure designs, architectural patterns, or security requirements.
- Guide Engineering, Quality Assurance DevOps teams in the implementation of the solution by reviewing approaches, elaborating solutions, or gaining approving for significant architectural decisions.
- Create or modify architectural patterns to provide practical assistance to Engineering teams that align to the business’s technical product strategy.
- Partner with Product owners to develop product architectural blueprints and roadmaps that align with architectural standards and technology strategy.
- Support the client facing teams with product or technical knowledge in response to requests.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Commercial experience with AWS & Azure is essential (using IAM/AAD, keyvault, S3/blob storage, lambdas/azure functions, web apps, queues, database and managed services/products – e.g. DynamoDB/cosmosDB)
- Commercial experience in full software development lifecycle
- Experience with building teams and tech stack
- Commercial experience in Agile (ideally via Jira)
- Experience of serverless architecture and event-driven architecture
- Experience with microservices API-driven cloud-based products including performance management
- Infrastructure as a code with Cloud formation/ARM templates, Terraform and Ansible
- Linux Server Administration including container technology & ecosystem (docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus) linked to AAD
- Dashboards (ideally via Grafana or PowerBI)
- CI/CD pipelines on git-based commercial source control or similar (e.g., github including Actions, gitlab, bitbucket etc)
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Experience in telecommunications and similar regulated verticals and environments
- Working knowledge of ISO 27000, ITIL, or similar regulated environment
- Exposure to ML frameworks (e.g., tensorflow)
- Exposure to CRM & ERP systems (e.g., Salesforce, SAP, MS Dynamics)
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.