IT Support Engineer
1st / 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Following accelerated company growth, we’re looking for an ambitious IT professional to join G.Network. Day to day you will provide IT and infrastructure support to employees across multiple offices and on-site locations, in and around London.
It’s a great role if you’re looking to get involved in a wide variety of projects, within a dynamic and fast paced environment. You’ll need to be a real team player and understand the importance of delivering projects on-time, and to scope. Working with a wide variety of stakeholders you’ll need to demonstrate exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, alongside your technical expertise.
What you’ll do
- 1st /2nd line Desktop Support
- Incident Management using our helpdesk management tool
- Investigate, resolve and identify root causes of incidents or problems
- Hardware and Operating Systems support for a range of Windows PCs, Laptops and Macs
- Support for VoIP system and desk phones
- Central infrastructure maintenance and management (Windows focused/Active Directory)
- Support for a range of networked peripherals, including Printers, Scanners and AV Equipment
- Provide support for project-based delivery activities
- Provide ad-hoc support to fast paced development teams
- Maintain accurate and concise systems documentation
- Maintain accurate records of hardware and software allocations, using automated tools as appropriate
- Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks to management
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Ability to maintain VoIP platforms and desk phones
- Strong background in providing desktop support within a mixed hardware environment (PC, Mac)
- Demonstrable experience with the build, configuration and troubleshooting of desktop and server hardware
- Experience with user management within a Windows Active Directory; password management, group policy management, mailbox management, permissions management, etc.
- Experience in creating and maintaining desktop builds (e.g. CloneZilla, Ghost, Microsoft)
- Good knowledge of desktop and server backup and recovery capabilities
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and routing and common problems
- Experience of installing and supporting Microsoft application suite (Outlook, Office, Project, Visio)
- Awareness of typical problems and issues encountered within an Active Directory managed environment
- Use of incident management tools and working within an ITIL based infrastructure.
- Supporting and troubleshooting desktop applications
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- An ISP background would be great, but not essential
- Experience using incident management tools and working within an ITIL based infrastructure
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.