Head of Programme Management
Head of Programme Management
As the Head of Programme Management, you will establish, lead and govern the Programme Management function to deliver customer focused value and drive development of the next generation of IT products and services.
You will drive the business strategy by working closely with the Business Process & Requirements and Technology Architecture functions, and wider G.Network organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to come in and shape a greenfield function from scratch, establishing process, policy and governance.
What you’ll do
Oversee a Portfolio of Projects within the book of work for G.Network to include:
• Creating and managing business cases for programmes of work from inception through delivery and closure.
• Being responsible for governance and oversight, provide the framework for implementation working with the ExCo team to establish a governance forum that is fit for purpose (having identified the key stakeholders) and facilitate the continuous review and approval of key deliverables.
• Determining, monitoring, and managing the workforce and financial requirements, supplier and vendor management, monitoring and supplying related risks and setting up the initiative team with clear roles and responsibilities, ensuring ongoing costs meet budget requirements.
• Providing and regularly reviewing an honest, transparent assessment of each of the project’s status and RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies) of the initiative – proactively burning down risks & issues, escalating via appropriate governance. Proactively managing interdependencies between projects. Managing any change control through agreed governance.
• Ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant; course correcting where required to ensure projects deliver on their aims; working with delivery partners to determine and plan work packages.
Planning & Tracking
• Monitor and report programme/project milestones – track the progress of the programme/project in terms of schedule, costs and benefits.
• Identify variances and propose remedial measures to the appropriate governance forums.
• Apply agreed change control to the programme/projects.
• Monitor and report programme/project RAID items – facilitate the identification of delivery barriers, risks and risk response planning for the programme/project in scope.
• Ensure that interdependencies within the programme/project are clearly identified and managed.
• Monitor and report progress with programme/project change requests.
• Run programme/project reporting review meetings.
Finance & Reporting
• Monitor, track and report benefits realization.
• Monitor, track and report programme/project finances including forecasts & variances.
• Monitor & report programme/project resource demand.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
● Experience of managing a portfolio of technology and business change projects of significant value within a fast paced, scale up environment.
● Line management experience of at least 4 resources.
● Recognised Project Management Certification (i.e. Prince 2, APM, PMP).
● Effective communicator and experienced in change management .
● Able to work with ambiguity and able to make data-driven recommendations for project/ programme prioritisation and solution design.
● Experience of working in an operational environment and an ability to adapt plans to ensure projects land on time and in budget with no operational disruption.
● Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
● An analytical, innovative, and creative mindset with strong attention to detail.
● Ability to build relationships and influence without direct authority with experience of liaising with C-suite stakeholders.
● A team player and enterprise thinker.
● Current hands-on Project/Programme Management experience.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
● Experience of working within the telecoms or utility sector
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.