Site Supervisor (NRSWA)
Civil Site Supervisor
Competitive Package negotiable dependent on experience
Working as part of G.Networks new construction division you will assist the delivery manager in ensuring deadlines are met, quality maintained and in a cost-effective manner. Ensuring all materials and equipment are available on site and maintained as per company policy.
Ensure gangs/crews are following company procedure in relation to HSEQ through delivery of toolbox talks, site audits, quality audits and relevant health & safety requirements.
What you’ll do
- Complete pre-site survey & site risk assessments prior to works to ensure plan is feasible and feedback to Delivery Manager if changes required
- Understand permit requirements and provide the information of the permits required to DM in a timely manner to protect project deliverables
- Liaise with client/end user/public in advance of works where necessary to ensure awareness of works to be undertaken in advance of works taking place
- Review plans and ensure all documentation is available as required such as utility stats, clear engineering drawings etc
- Manage the day to day undertakings on site, ensuring you have the right people in the right place at the right time with the right equipment/PPE and appropriate documentation including competency qualifications, escalating to the Project Manager any issues that compromise delivery
- Record all deviations from plan where the deviation is outside the standard specification irrespective of whether there is a cost implication
- Ensure quality is maintained to minimise FPNs/defects, where FPNs/defects raised liaise with key stakeholders to challenge or rectify in a timely manner
- Set clear expectation of work to be undertaken by gangs/crews including highway/client’s quality standards are met and G.Network policies/procedures adhered to
- Order materials and plant as required in time to meet key project dates
- Perform toolbox talks, site audits in a timely, consistent and routine manner
- Routinely review on site risk assessments and take appropriate action to mitigate risks identified, escalating to the Project Manager where risks are unmitigated
- Comply with WMS process to ensure correct pictures are taken on site at the appropriate time, ensuring all gangs/crews are compliant with the G.Network process
- Collect information as required for processing of gang/crew wages, overtime, holiday, sickness, medical information by required deadlines
- Conduct self in a manner that presents a positive image of G.Network and establishes good relationships with local authority, public and other key stakeholders
- Make sure all staff and contractors comply with G.Network Health & Safety standards including site risk assessments and use all appropriate PPE and control risk with compliance and site safety rules including HSG47.
- Coaching of resources in the spirit of continuous improvement around, communication, updates, photographic and documentary evidence from site
- Conduct weekly checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates and submit to office
- Ensure sites are clear to prevent any fines or penalties for over runs
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Able to manage own workload and deal with conflicting priorities
- Good people management skills, likes to interact with people
- Able to give and take instruction, constructive feedback and maintain respect
- Able to deal with conflict in a calm and controlled manner
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proactive approach to resolving problems, wants to be part of a team, wants to succeed as a team
- Good IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Core Behavioral Competencies
- Time Management
- Planning & Organising
- Performance Management
- Effective Communication
Professional Qualifications / Training
- Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor card – essential
- First Aid
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.