Principal NetOps Engineer
Principal NetOps Engineer
This presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Principal NetOps Engineer to draw on their experience to develop one of the UK’s most innovative Telecoms companies! Working within the Network team, you’ll be the go-to person for NetOps activity, bridging the gap between core networking and supporting systems along with Automation.
The Principal NetOps Engineer role will allow you to develop your expertise in working with a variety of systems such as Monitoring, IP Addressing, Inventory Management & Automation.
Ideally, you will have a strong background in Network Automation, Monitoring, Systems Security & Networking Protocols including experience of implementing, administration and support of Linux Servers
What you’ll do
- Design, Install, Setup & Maintain Highly Available Monitoring Systems for Networks
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools
- Deploy & Maintain Systems & Network backup solutions.
- Design and apply Security Policies to the Networking Systems
- Implementing & Supporting AWS Direct Connect & VPCs
- Assist with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures
- Apply security patches to OS and applications
- Design & Implement automation to support scaling of network
- Deploy & Maintain DNS & DHCP High Availability Pairs
- Producing intelligent, scalable and maintainable automation solutions for network & systems deployments (based on python/perl/ansible)
- Troubleshoot and resolve application security level issue
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Demonstrable experience of installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Centos) systems with primary focus on network & monitoring applications
- Experience with configuration management applications like PUPPET/Ansible is desirable.
- Possess string network protocols & TCP stack knowledge and supporting systems (such as SNMP, BGP, IPSec, Netflow, VPNs, DHCP, DNS & IPv6)
- Extensive Hands-on experience with Git & AWS (Direct Connect, EC2 & VPCs)
- Experience with setting up monitoring systems like Elasticsearch, ICINGA2, Zabbix and Grafana is a must.
- Good knowledge of Web Application Security protocols and tools like OWASP, IP Tables and OpenVPN.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Competence in IP, HTTPS, DHCP and DNS Deployments.
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Knowledge of YAML, YANG, NETCONF.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of network security, Firewalls & DDos Mitigation Systems.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.