To meet our ambitious targets to roll out full fibre broadband to homes and businesses across London, we need our Fibre Engineering teams in the right place, at the right time, armed with all the right information.
The efficient operation and continued rapid growth of our business relies on sound logistics, geographical planning, efficient resource allocation and accurate information exchange. As Dispatcher manager, you will head the team of dispatchers, who act as the key interface between our Field based teams and the rest of the business, taking decisions on a daily basis which impact on customers and colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Reporting into the heads of departments in Field engineering
- Auditing and reporting on work performed by Dispatchers
- Engaging with key stakeholders to drive productivity and deliverables.
- Completing probation reviews Mid and year end performance reviews
- Weekly 1-2-1 reviews Goal setting for Dispatchers
- Onboarding/transitioning new starters
- Undertaking interviews
What your team will do
- Use Salesforce and Field Service Lightning (FSL) to efficiently allocate work to Fibre Engineering teams, and manage flow of key information
- Work with external business partners where required and ensure the update flow back into the business is provided daily. Updating the internal systems to reflect the contract field works.
- Check accuracy and completeness of information in incoming work orders, follow up and rectify where necessary
- Allocate jobs to teams and individual engineers, basing decision on job requirements, team availability and geographical location, team profile, overtime allocation etc.
- Oversee progress of jobs to completion, ensure all information is recorded accurately, update notes and system, chase and resolve where necessary.
- Monitor and respond to queries, issues and escalations within agreed SLA
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Field Engineers, managers and all other teams involved in expanding our network, supporting them to efficiently complete daily targets
- Be prepared to challenge where necessary, always using a professional approach
- Deliver results, and maintain accuracy, in a fast-paced environment which often involves managing multiple competing priorities.
- With your colleagues, own the dispatching process, and act as gatekeeper for incoming requests and follow-ups
Skills, experience and qualifications (essential)
- Experience in managing in a fast-paced administrative role, with personal responsibility for making decisions which have significant commercial/operational consequences
- Experience using a complex information management system as primary tool to manage daily workload
- Experience in a role which requires careful adherence to set procedures and attention to detail, without close supervision
- Experience of successfully delivering to competing priorities under time pressure
- Excellent phone communication skills: professional, diplomatic, calm and succinct
- Able to produce accurate written information e.g. clear instructions for others to follow
- Pragmatism, flexibility, and a strong motivation to solve problems
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Previous experience in a similar Dispatching or Logistics Coordination management role, in Telecoms, or other utility.
- Experience using Salesforce/FSL
- A good understanding of London’s geography and key travel routes
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.