Principal Fibre Engineer - Surveyor
Principal Field Engineer - Surveyor
£37,500 basic + bonus + excellent benefits
Our Fibre Engineering Installation teams play a fundamental role in our ambitious plans to bring world class full fibre FTTP broadband to London. We’re looking for Principal Fibre Engineers/Cabling Surveyors who have the right skills, drive and attitude to perform survey work to the very highest standards.
We’re an agile, fast-growing team with an inclusive and solutions driven culture. You’ll benefit from extensive training at our Fibre Academy, and have structured career development opportunities within our growing organisation. As a Principal Fibre Surveyor/Field Engineer, you will help us build the dream of superfast reliable broadband - from the newly laid network infrastructure in the streets through the router in the customer premises.
What you’ll do
- Attend a minimum of 3 Survey slots a day (these can be a combination of work types
that can cover the daily hours)
- Draw up detailed plans, for use as legal documentations to be shared with landlords
- Ensure routes are compliant with health and safety laws
- Advise on risk assessments and method Statements
- Carry out surveys for minor civils works
- Assess permit needs for street works
- Meet with clients or representatives, resolve questions about the installation process.
- Work with other areas of Field Engineering to achieve desired result
- Decide the correct equipment required for the installation process.
- Ensure Survey packs are written up and are correct within SLA
- Be available to deal with additional workload at short notice
- Work on Special project surveys
- Participate in on the job training for all new starters
- Document new starter training with Assessment forms and regular feedback to supervisor or line manager
- Create new innovative ways of working within the team
- Help trial new processes and tools to confirm if they are fit for purpose
- Achieve minimal activation failures based on issues not found on survey (no more than 15% for the year)
- Cover supervisor whilst they are on leave or indisposed
- Assist colleagues in and outside of department
Skills, experience and qualifications (essential)
- Working on FTTP projects, understanding of FTTP build activities
- Detailing cable routes
- Installing telecoms (copper, fibre, mobile)
- Splicing fibre cable
- Multi-tasking, problem-solving, planning, organising and prioritising
- Producing clear written formal documentation
- Have an excellent understanding of civils work and issue resolution
- Excellent knowledge of cable running
- PON and active ethernet technologies
- Different Fibre types
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Able to read SLD Telecom construction blueprints.
- Understands routing of fibre mapping from a PON and a point to point network
- Lone worker experience
- Flat roof skilled
- NRSWA unit 2 or greater
- Telecoms civils work
- Upload your CV and answer a few quick Yes/No questions. 5 mins max
- If we think there’s a match, one of our team will get in touch and arrange a phone call to ask you more about your experience, and answer your questions
- If the outcome of that call is positive for both of us, we’ll set up a video interview with one of our Field Managers
- Offer and start ASAP
Ex Military candidates
We encourage applications from ex-military candidates considering a career switch to fibre. Use your Enhanced Learning Credits to train in fibre. If you’ve completed your CNCI Fibre and COPT courses with CNet training, you’ll be guaranteed an interview.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.