Field Manager - Fibre Surveys
Field Manager – Surveys
£Competitive + Bonus + Extensive benefits
This presents a fantastic opportunity for an excellence driven Field Manager to drive customer growth at one of the most innovative telecoms companies in the UK.
As a Field Manager within the Surveys team, you’ll operate across Central London, leading, managing and motivating a diverse team of Field Engineers. You’ll be responsible for a range of duties that ensure your teams, and the associated workstack, is completed to planning requirements, and in line with company targets.
What you’ll do
- Leading your team of supervisors and engineering surveyors to deliver completed work against a fluid workstack.
- Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are executed by your team (data compliant) as per the company requirements.
- Ensure all work proposed by the Surveyors on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification.
- Maintain productivity objectives/KPIs as set by Head of Installations and Surveys.
- Owning daily/weekly reports of engineering performance and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks that may have arisen to Head of Installations and Surveys.
- Owning the Field Engineering team structure within your area ensuring gangs are evenly spread to maximise productivity.
- Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
- Working closely with your supervisors ensuring they conduct Site audits and van tools audits in line with KPIs.
- Interviewing new Supervisors/Field Engineering staff based upon the business growth plans.
- Ensuring all new teams have the associated support and that all tooling/vans are available for work to commence at the agreed timescales.
- Ensuring the teams are ordering equipment and materials and logging via the consumption process.
- Inventory logging and forecast capture of future materials / tooling required based upon replacements and new starters.
- Ensuring all engineers have relevant health and safety documents and all documents returned after each job.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
The ideal candidate will come from a telecoms/ISP background with extensive Field Site Supervisor/Management experience.
- Accreditation to NRWSA Supervisor level
- Experience Managing teams of surveyors, documenting Fibre networks external and/or internal routes.
- Experience of Delivery/Operational Management
- Experience of running teams Installing Fibre Bundles and allocation to Fibre Chambers
- Experience in recruiting and leading teams of Field Engineers to delivery against company targets.
- Excellent knowledge of Fibre Nodes and Fibre Types
- The ability to collect and analyse a wide range of data and use it for clear and targeted action plans.
- The ability to communicate at all levels and manage key stakeholder relationships
- Driving license (with no more than 6 points)
- Experience working on FTTP/ FTTC projects
- Ability to read SLD Telecom construction blueprints is essential.
- Understanding routing of fibre mapping from a PON and a point to point network
- Experience with fusion splicers
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Interested in process improvement and keen to share ideas.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- IOSH Managing Safely Educated to degree level in relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.