£65K-£75K plus bonus
The role of Category Manager reports into the Head of Procurement here at G.Network; in this role you will lead the strategic sourcing activities for key direct/indirect categories. Your goal will be to achieve significant cost reduction strategies alongside the company’s growth while maintaining continuity of supply and quality. The Category Manager’s primary responsibility is to utilise the strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate clear understanding of category management fundamentals
- Support Supply chain Team and key stakeholders to optimise untapped revenue opportunities across the full spectrum of assigned categories and services; ensuring sales, margin, income streams and cost reductions are maximised
- Deliver KPI reporting to ensure that all categories are performing in line with targets and contractual requirements (incl. but not limited to weekly sales reporting, category deep dive analysis, and ad hoc reporting)
- Undertake scenario analytics that support category strategies
- Act as Team focal point to support product and supply chain queries and processing of payments from or to suppliers
- Ensure that best-in-class category management principles and processes are applied to all assigned tier two categories; delivering enhanced performance results on a continuous basis
- Create a business continuity plan for your categories
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Previous category management experience
- At least 2 years experience in Procurement
- Strong examples of savings and improvements made in prior roles
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- MCIPS qualification
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.