Systems & NetOps Lead
Systems & NetOps Lead - Central London
We are seeking a Systems and NetOps Lead to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for an analytical individual, who can drive, support and coordinate a small team. We are seeking an individual who has deep technical experience and understanding of a carrier grade network systems who is capable of working on and delivering projects to a high standard. Equally comfortable working individually, or managing a small team, you should be able to deliver a project from start to finish with a major focus on processes, scalability & security.
Reporting to the Head of Networks, the successful candidate will have responsibility to oversee and manage team projects, internal design and development processes, security and expansion of the network.
As a predominantly project focused role, prospective candidates will be expected to own their assigned project lifecycle, from scoping right through delivery and optimisation.
What you’ll do
- Manage & lead a small team of NetOps & Systems Engineers.
- Gather and analyse technical requirements and opportunities from internal stakeholders and convert them into potential projects
- Own, manage and deliver projects from the systems projects pipeline.
- Work with internal business and external stakeholders to help ensure successful delivery of road mapped items.
- Create, manage and update the project plans & deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects and resources.
- Provide technical input towards system design, maintenance, security and optimisation.
- Ensure the uptime is maintained on business-critical systems & SLAs are adhered to.
- Visit data centres & sites to ensure they are prepared inline with the project delivery.
- Support operations as per business requirements.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Understanding of Prince 2 (or similar) project methodologies & their implementation
- Experience in network projects delivery
- Experience of installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (mariadb, postgresql etc)
- Experience working with Automation using Python and/or Ansible
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters
- Solid understanding of security best practices and the means to implement them
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS EC2 instance, Direct connect etc)
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including OSPF/ISIS, DHCP & DNS, IPv6, Firewalls, VPN solutions
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience with setting up Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, Elasticsearch, ICINGA2, Zabbix etc
- Experience producing technical documentation including Scope of Work, Project Plans and Migration Strategy
- The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Exposure to SDN
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.