Systems & NetOps Lead
Systems & NetOps Lead
Hybrid & UK Remote working available
The role will be reporting to the Head of Networks, the successful candidate will have responsibility to dictate and oversee technologies of team projects, internal design and development processes, security and expansion of the network.
As a technology focused role, prospective candidates will be expected to own systems architecture & security frameworks along with the optimisations of systems communications.
What you’ll do
- Lead system design, maintenance & security architecture.
- Gather and analyse technical requirements and opportunities from internal stakeholders and map them to available systems within the market.
- Work with internal business and external stakeholders to help ensure successful delivery of road mapped items.
- Ensure that all systems and fully resilient and redundant.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks associated with technology, systems & projects.
- Ensure the uptime is maintained on business-critical systems & SLAs are adhered to.
- Create technology frameworks, migration strategy, high level design, low level design & other technical documents.
- Visit data centres & sites to ensure they are prepared inline with the project delivery.
- Provide Out of Hours support for systems escalations
- Support operations as per business requirements.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Strong experience in large scale systems project delivery environment.
- Experience of installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (mariadb, postgresql etc).
- Experience working with Automation using Python and/or Ansible.
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters.
- Solid understanding of security best practices and the means to implement them.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS EC2 instance, Direct connect OR Similar Azure Stack/Technologies etc)
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including OSPF/ISIS, DHCP & DNS, IPv6, Firewalls, VPN solutions.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience with setting up Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, Elasticsearch, ICINGA2, Zabbix etc.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins etc).
- The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Exposure to SDN
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.