Wayleave Sales Manager
Wayleave Sales Manager
As G.Network continues its rapid expansion it is now building and expanding a dedicated Wayleave team to create, negotiate and secure Wayleaves and connectivity into the many buildings that it passes. Fibre connectivity is increasingly important to occupiers of buildings, be they residential homes or corporate premises, fast, reliable, and affordable high-speed connectivity is essential to modern productive living and working. This is also increasingly important to Landlords looking to market, let, or sell properties and helping them secure and maintain occupancy and add value to the occupier Landlord agreements and relationships.
We are looking to rapidly expand out the team to manage this process and are now looking for ‘Wayleave’ Sales Managers, to manage a team of Wayleave Business Development Managers to manage the landlord relationships, the wayleave process and to secure the building wayleaves at pace and scale.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial minded, excellence driven sales leader to drive customer growth at one of the fastest growing telecoms companies in the UK.
What you’ll do
The Wayleave Sales Manager will lead a team of Business Development Managers and will take responsibility for all wayleave end-to-end sales activities to deliver company targets in-line with the sales strategy and processes.
This Wayleave Sales Manager will be responsible for the hiring, development, motivation, direction, operational management, and leadership of a wayleave sales team.
The team will look for you to inspire and lead them, both creatively and operationally. You will develop and implement a highly effective and innovative sales plan to ensure that targets are met or exceeded. The role will be working with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders; building relationships to help to deliver the Wayleave Sales Strategy.
● Help devise, develop and implement the wayleave sales and process plan
● To recruit, develop and run a high performing wayleave sales team
● Monitor and communicate the daily sales team targets
● Manage KPI’s and report progress with forecasted month performance.
● Awareness of potential or active challenges, changes, and developments in the market
● Develop effective sales strategies and ensure their timely implementation
● Keep up-to-date with the demand and supply of company’s products/services, economic indicators, changing trends and its competitors
● Encourage continued improvement and growth within the immediate team and across the department
● Manage the recruitment and onboarding of Business Development Managers in conjunction with the Recruitment team.
● Responsible for team performance management, including succession planning and objective setting
● To meet and exceed monthly and quarterly wayleave targets as set by the business and in line with business plans.
● To meet and exceed quarterly set objectives in line with business objectives, including people objectives, Salesforce administration objectives, sales funnel objectives.
● Monthly forecast accuracy
● To build quarterly business plans in line with the overall wayleave sales strategy.
You will be a leader and motivator of sales teams with the ability to manage with discipline the operational processes of a sales function. You can demonstrate a track record history of high performance against sales targets.
Competitive but a team player working collaboratively with other sales managers within the team, you will be highly organised, action oriented and analytical in your approach.
Bright, enthusiastic, driven and tenacious, with the ability to work in an adaptive, changing environment.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
● Management experience of a sales team or an internal history of high performance and supporting the sales leadership function in projects/deputising for sales management.
● Knowledge and experience of building and cultivating a high-performance team culture.
● Experience of remote and face to face management of a sales function.
● Proven negotiation experience.
● Comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
● Ability to be proactive and plan effectively.
● Excellent communicator, with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels within the business, as well as internal stakeholder management.
● Experience of building a positive and successful team culture and environment.
● Proven experience of pipeline sales management and forecasting.
● Educated to degree level.
● Strong presentation skills.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
● Knowledge and experience of the telecommunication product set; ideally broadband
● Experience negotiating wayleaves with Freeholders for telecommunications route approval (or similar)
● Understanding of the legislative and statutory issues surrounding wayleaves
● Experience of working at both a strategic and hands on level.
● Experience of Salesforce CRM platform
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.