Civil Streetworks Inspector
Civil Streetworks Inspector
As Civil Streetworks Inspector representing G.Network on site, you will be responsible for managing streetworks under construction in central London. Liaising with the sub-contractor on site and ensuring all works are carried out as per design, including controlling additional cost’s ensuring the approval process is followed.
You have full responsibility for the works package preparation, coordination and outline design of highway and footway ducted system for insulation of a market leading fibre optic network. The Civil Streetworks Inspector will report into the Build Manager and wider management team.
About The Role
- Identification of street scope of work
- Street buildability reviews
- Identification of traffic management requirements
- Location of carriageway and footway chambers
- Identification of street infrastructure make up
- Traffic management requirements
- Traffic management phasing
- Outline design / plan of street ducted system including assisting with the creation of as-built drawings upon completed of works.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications (Required)
- Experience in pre-construction designs (walk, talk and build reviews)
- Knowledge of highway construction (footway and carriageway)
- Knowledge of traffic management requirements
- NRSWA (Signing, lighting & guarding)
- Awareness of London permit requirements
- Awareness of site health & safety
Skills, Experience & Qualifications (Preferred)
- NRSWA (Site Supervisor)
- Experience on working on London streets
- FTTP civil construction works practices and ability to read red line drawings and instruct the contractor on any amendments.
- Ability to complete as-built drawings for final measures on an electronic device.
We are rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we are installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. Once our infrastructure is installed, we offer a world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.