Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, the Finance Manager is a key role in the finance team responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the financial planning and reporting processes as well as providing commercial decision support to the wider business. This role works closely with the broader finance team as well as with senior management and the Executive across the business.
- Management of the monthly reporting and forecasting process
- Delivery of timely, accurate and insightful financial information to the Executive Board and external stakeholders
- Work directly with senior management across the business to ensure budgets are managed effectively and issues identified on a timely basis
- Contribute to the design, implementation and continuous improvement of the forecasting process
- Monitor KPI’s and identify the cause of unexpected variances
- Develop reporting through Financial Force
- Provide commercial decision support: business cases for investment, financial appraisal and scenario analysis, post investment reviews
- Be able to produce information, reconciliations, and analysis to the external auditors as required
- Assist with financial accounting queries
- Accurate and timely monthly financial information
- Annual budget – approved by Exec and Investors
- Develop and manage the forecasting process and improve forecasting accuracy
- Business cases as required by the business
Skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant – ACA, CIMA or equivalent with a minimum of two years post qualified experience
- Minimum of two years industry experience in FP&A or a commercial finance role
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Clear communicator, both oral and written
- Experience in working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record in identifying creative and practical solutions to problems
- Strong excel skills & financial modelling experience
- Project management skills
- Strong IFRS knowledge desireable
- Direct experience of capital-intensive business desirable
- Financial Force and Sales Force knowledge is desirable
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.