Great opportunity for a flexible and an analytical individual, who can Think, Drive, Support, Coordinate and Deliver. Someone who has technical experience and understanding of a carrier grade network and capable of delivering projects to a high standard. Equally comfortable working individually, or managing a small team, you should be able to deliver a scalable project from start to finish with a major focus on processes, scalability & security.
The role will be reporting to the Head of Networks, the successful candidate will have responsibility to oversee and manage team projects, internal design and development processes, security and expansion of the network. As a predominantly project focused team role, prospective candidates will be expected to own their assigned project lifecycle, from scoping right through delivery and optimisation.
What you’ll do
- Create an industry leading workforce based around the principles of best people, high performance, and opportunities for all through talent acquisition, talent development and remediation.
- Develop a culture which clearly outlines expectations for each member of the Network team and encourages personal responsibility and development
- Gather and analyse technical requirements and opportunities from internal stakeholders and convert them into potential projects
- Own, manage and deliver projects from the network projects pipeline.
- Work with internal business and external stakeholders to help ensure successful delivery of road mapped items.
- Create, manage and update the project plans & deliverables.
- Manage key vendors and suppliers relationships to enable delivery of Product / Project roadmap, ensure adequate external services are available (where required) for project delivery.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects and resources.
- Create and present business case for specific technical equipment and solutions
- Work with the procurement team to develop pricing models based on input costs and commercial feedback.
- Working with the procurement team, ensure the equipment stocks are maintained at a healthy level.
- Provide technical input towards Network design, maintenance, security and optimisation.
- Measure network performance KPIs and ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
- Visit data centres & sites to ensure they are prepared inline with the project delivery.
- Support network operations as per business requirements.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Understanding of Prince 2 (or similar) project methodologies & their implementation.
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions.
- Strong experience in creating strategy for carrier grade network migration and implementation.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience of configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
- Experience producing technical documentation including Scope of Work, Project Plans and Migration Strategy.
- CCIE or equivalent qualification or relevant past experience. (Not required hands-on)
- Strong leadership capabilities, that helps to drive excellence and performance, collaboration and cohesion.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Systems Integration Experience
- Exposure to Automation & SDN
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.