Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer – Tier 2
G.Network is changing connectivity in London. As a 100% full fibre network, we are digging streets and deploying fibre to the premises (FTTP) across central London, offering world class products supported by industry leading service.
Private Equity backed and founder led, G.Network has ambitious expansion plans and as a consequence is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help us realise them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded, excellence driven individual to drive customer growth at one of the most innovative telecoms companies in the UK.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting G.Network’s business and residential customer base. G.Network is an industry leader in low latency fibre to the premises within central London and through rapid growth is expanding its customer base and product set. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting installed services, assisting in the provisioning of new services along with a varied array of other day to day activities.
The main goal of the support team when dealing with any issue, is to identify the problem, understand the impact to the customer and bring the fault to a resolution as quickly as possible.
- Ascertain the customers problem and ensure you have a solid understanding of the issue.
- Understand the timeline of the fault and the impact to the customer.
- When did he fault begin? How many people are impacted? etc.
- Set realistic next steps and timeframes associated with those follow-up actions.
- Manage any 3rd party resources required to assist in fault resolution.
- Escalate where necessary and within a timely manner, to ensure that the fault receives the correct level of attention and support.
- Ensure accurate and detailed communication is always maintained with the customer until the fault is resolved.
- Complete day-to-day network administrative tasks
- Assist in the provisioning of new cabinets
- Create Documentation that support customers and aid fault resolution
- Dealing with 3rd party contractors and other departments within G.Network
- Testing new technologies
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Troubleshooting Connectivity, Wi-Fi, VoIP and other ISP related issues
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Deal with issues quickly and efficiently
- Manage your ticket backlog within agreed limits
- On-Call requirement once on-boarded and familiar with G.Network’s systems
- Highly flexible and adaptable to new situations and technologies
- A strong desire to learn and improve
You will have strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities, excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills. You will also have strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities, be customer and team focused. Be able to to cope with change and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery.
- ISP/Telco Experience
- Customer Support Experience
- Minimum CCNA certification or equivalent experience