Technical Trainer - Health & Safety
Technical Trainer - Heath and Safety
Reporting to the Head of Fibre Academy and working under the direction of the Head of Health and Safety Training, you will be responsible for the delivery of health and safety and first aid training ensuring that G.Networkers are competent to work in the field.
You will also be involved in development/update of all health and safety/first aid training materials and maintaining professional accreditations.
What you’ll do
You will deliver quality health and safety/first aid training courses both from accredited programs and bespoke courses. Carrying out examinations and assessments to ensure all staff meet criteria set by accredited bodies and G. Network.
These courses will be both classroom based and online and shall include but are not limited to:
- UKATA Asbestos Awareness
- CITB Site Safety Plus Courses
- Highfield Level 3 First Aid at Work and Level 2 Emergency First Aid
- Highfield Level 2 in Lifting and Carrying
- Highfield Level 2 in Fire Safety
- Working at Heights and Fall Prevention
- Confined Space Awareness & Gas Detection
- Electrical Safety
- Small Tools Safety
- Occupational Health including Noise, Vibration and Respiratory Hazards
Curriculum & Training Material
You will work closely with our Head of Health and Safety Training to provide technical input into a review of current training provision and development of material. You will be involved in carrying out course evaluation and acting on feedback where necessary to ensure high quality service provision and continuous improvement in course content. You will also ensure that all training courses are standardised across the organisation.
Continued Professional Development
You will maintain personal development in the field of Health, Safety, Environmental and Occupational Health and ensuring professional accreditations are maintained where required as wel as keeping up to date with developments in training styles, techniques and resources to ensure appropriate and effective training delivery.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with both management and students in a respectful manner taking into consideration different learning needs.
- Appropriate Health and Safety qualifications and experience in particular relating to the construction environment.
- Appropriate First Aid qualifications and experience in delivery and assessment of first aid training courses.
- Recognised teaching qualifications to a minimum of Level 3 in Education and Training or equivalent and a recognised assessor’s qualification
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.