Lead Engineer - Fibre Installations
Lead Engineer - Fibre Installations
£37,500 Basic + bonus + excellent benefits
Our Fibre Engineering Installation teams play a fundamental role in our ambitious plans to bring world class full fibre FTTP broadband to London. We’re looking for Lead/Principal Fibre Installation Engineers and Field Engineers who have the right skills, drive and attitude to deliver complex business and residential installations to the very highest standards. We’re an agile, fast-growing team with an inclusive and solutions driven culture. You’ll benefit from extensive training at our Fibre Academy, and have structured career development opportunities within our growing organisation.
What you’ll do
- Receive fibre splicing work orders from the Customer Connections Team, interpret company surveys and fibre plans
- Consult with customers, colleagues and third parties to find solutions, adapt and overcome installation challenges
- Carry out risk assessments and area surveys
- Pull 12f cable through cable chambers
- Install 12f and 2 core cable in customer premises
- Plan workload to deliver tasks and projects efficiently, and meet company KPIs
- Interpret company designs as per internal governance.
- Meet with clients and resolve any issues.
- Maintain productivity objectives as set by Supervisor or Field managers.
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks that may have arisen to Supervisor or Field Manager.
- Able to challenge behaviours and train new members of staff
- Flexibility within the role to suit changing business needs
Skills, experience and qualifications (essential)
Proven experience in:
- Successfully delivering complex FTTP/FTTH/FTTC installations
- Extensive experience using a fusion splicer, and fibre splicing
- Rodding and roping
- Operating iOLM and OTDR
- Core drilling
- Working with a range of different fibre types
- A customer facing role, managing customer expectations
- Previous experience in working with a carrier such as Openreach & Virgin Media
- Ability to read SLD Telecom construction blueprints is essential.
- Experience of working in teams
- An excellent understanding of FTTP/FTTC build activities
- Experience in running CAT6 cabling
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Understanding routing of fibre mapping from a PON and a point to point network
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, or face to face.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- An understanding of PON and active ethernet technologies
- Experience accessing and working in carriageway chambers
- Accredited external qualifications in fibre installation (e.g. CNCI, COPT, City & Guilds, BTEC)
- Upload your CV and answer a few quick Yes/No questions. 5 mins max
- If we think there’s a match, one of our team will get in touch and arrange a phone call to ask you more about your experience, and answer your questions
- If the outcome of that call is positive for both of us, we’ll set up a video interview with one of our Field Managers
- Offer and start ASAP
Ex Military candidates
We encourage applications from ex-military candidates considering a career switch to fibre. Use your Enhanced Learning Credits to train in fibre. If you’ve completed your CNCI Fibre and COPT courses with CNet training, you’ll be guaranteed an interview.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.