Fibre Specialist Reskillship
Train to become a fibre specialist. Start your new career today and help rebuild London's broadband from the fibre up.
£27k per annum + bonus + benefits
38.75 hours a week (shifts, 5 days per week, Monday - Saturday)
G.Network is on a mission to upgrade London’s broadband, and we’re growing fast.
Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for.
It’s a project like no other, and we’re looking for great people seeking a career change to join our team of Fibre Specialists.
No experience? No problem. We encourage applications from candidates who are considering a career switch. From our state-of-the-art Fibre Academy, you’ll get all of the retraining you need to carve out a promising new career as a Fibre Specialist.
With a year of experience, you’ll have the opportunity to earn £32.5k a year.
And your new career doesn’t need to stop here. If you’ve got the ambition, there will be a clear path ahead of you. From Fibre Specialist you can become Principal Fibre Specialist, then Supervisor, then Manager. If you’ve got the skills, the sky’s the limit.
Considering a new career in fibre? Here’s what it takes:
- A customer focus. Our customers depend on us. As the face of G.Network, you’ll need to connect with them easily and display our core values in everything you do.
- An appetite and aptitude to learn. You’ll need to dedicate yourself to retraining and give it your all.
- A natural problem solver. You’ll need to be good at solving different problems for different customers in different places.
- Good at following instructions with excellent attention to detail. Fibre cables are smaller than a strand of hair so you'll need to work carefully, and follow detailed procedures.
- A can-do attitude, wherever you are. You’ll need to be comfortable working outside in all weathers, at heights, and in confined spaces.
- A full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points.
We are not looking for any specific experience or qualifications. We’ll teach you everything you need to know. If you’re considering a career change and are interested in reskilling as a Fibre Specialist, we want to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.