Fibre Engineer Supervisor - Surveyors
£40k + bonus + excellent benefits
In line with the rapid recent growth of our network and Fibre Engineering teams, we’ve created a new Supervisor role. We’re looking for someone who combines subject matter expertise, high professional standards, and exceptional team leadership and coaching skills. This is a great opportunity to help continue to drive and build our inclusive, performance driven culture. You’ll benefit from extensive training, and have structured career development opportunities within our growing organisation.
As a 100% full fibre network, we are digging streets and deploying Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) across central London. We offer world class products, supported by industry leading service.
What you’ll do
- Oversee surveying work which allows projects to be completed to plan, on time, and in compliance with NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against project delivery milestones.
- Highlight project risks to Field Manager
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of work for c. 10 surveyors, and the achievement of team KPIs
- Ensure site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place
- Conduct site audits and tools audits
- Review team members’ performance, completing one-to-ones and reviews
- Support surveyors, identify and help address training and skills gaps
- Pick up delivery of work to relieve pressure on team, when necessary
- Act as subject matter expert for complex surveys
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Strong track record of team leadership, and in auditing/quality checking work
- Strong track record of achievement and project delivery in FTTP/FTTC build activities
- Ability to create accurate documentation, and liaise in writing with e.g. local authorities, landlords
- Experience resolving more complex customer queries and issues
- Experience coaching and supervising others in correct use of key equipment in the installation process
Detailed understanding of:
- Principles of data transmission over fibre, and impact of quality of workmanship
- Regulations and quality standards for fibre cabling
- Test parameters for certification and connection speed
- PON and active ethernet technologies
- SLD interpretation
- Fibre splicing
- Mobile Equipment Work Platforms (MEWPs), long ladders, access towers
- H&S Certification
- UK valid driving license with no more than 6 points
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- NRSWA (supervisory level)
- Previous experience of fibre installation surveys
Ex Military candidates
We encourage applications from ex-military candidates considering a career switch to fibre. Use your Enhanced Learning Credits to train in fibre. If you’ve completed your CNCI Fibre and COPT courses with CNet training, you’ll be guaranteed an interview.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.