Salary £35k + bonus + excellent benefits
Are you a multi-skilled Tradesperson, Carpenter, Joiner or Plasterer?
We want to hear from you!
Join us on our mission to rebuild London’s broadband from the fibre up and enjoy
permanent, guaranteed carpentry, plastering and painting work.
Get recognised and rewarded.
Join G.Network and you’ll get:
- £35k per year starting salary + a performance-related bonus.
- 25 days of holiday (with bank holidays, a day off for your birthday, a house moving day
and a volunteering day on top).
- A wide range of benefits, including a health cash plan scheme, pension, Boxx online
exercise class membership, Aura mindfulness app subscription and perks like free
weekly coffee, monthly movie rental and a little something from us on your birthday.
What you’ll do
You’ll work alongside our Fibre Engineers, cutting and making good internal hatches and
cable access points, as we install full-fibre broadband across central London.
As part of your role, you’ll:
- Create safe routes for fibre cables in business and residential properties
- Cut hatches in ceilings and walls, reinstate safely and discreetly once fibre has passed
through, fire seal and perform minor remedial works
- Interpret detailed job packs, and consult on the most appropriate solutions
- Complete multiple hatches on multiple floors each day
- Leave sites as clean as when you arrived and safely dispose of all waste
- Complete all works in a timely manner to a high standard
- Be flexible on projects to meet changing work volumes
Who we’re looking for
We aim to delight our customers, and your carpentry and plastering skills will be key in
helping us achieve that goal. We’re looking for flexible problem-solvers who are self-
motivated to work safely, tidily and efficiently and take pride in everything they do.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- An experienced tradesperson who takes pride in their work
- A track record of delivering carpentry, plastering and painting works to a high standard
- A keen eye for detail
- A valid UK driving licence with no more than six points
- Excellent working Health and Safety knowledge
- Comfortable working to targets, which may be demanding on some days
- A relevant trade qualification, e.g. City & Guilds/GNVQ in Carpentry and Joinery and/or
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Experience working and driving in central London
- Experience covering patch plastering
- Dealing with minor repairs
- Direct experience of meeting the challenges of running cables in buildings
- Valid training certs in e.g. Asbestos Awareness, Working at Height, Manual Handling
1. Upload your CV and answer a few quick yes/no questions
2. If we’re a good match, we’ll get in touch to arrange a phone call where we’ll learn a bit
more about each other
3. If the outcome of that call is positive for both of us, we’ll set up a video interview with
one of our Field Managers
4. You receive an offer and start ASAP
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by
building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital
the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer
world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us.
G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds
like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we
want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on
their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their
views on the best way to do the job.