Fibre Network Designer
Fibre Network Designer
As part of our accelerated growth, we’re on the lookout for an ambitious Fibre Network Designer to join the G.Network planning team. You’ll be responsible for the completion of scheduled planning activities across London, ensuring on time delivery. To achieve this, you will be prioritising planning work activities within the scheduled workload using the company’s workflow and planning tools and owning, executing and delivering planning requirements in the London area
What you’ll do
- Conduct detailed fibre mapping to meet design specifications for the fibre network.
- Use Mapinfo, OSPInsight, G.Suite and other applications to plan and issue Fibre Work Packs
- Produce PON area network plans, and checking subsequent implementation of fibre builds for completeness and alignment with the Network Plan
- Liaise with internal and external teams and other third parties as part of your role
- Deliver planning support to set targets, including premises passed, street units built, areas and street cabs planned
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Knowledge and experience of Fibre Optics in a Telecoms environment
- An understanding of PON and full fibre networks
- GIS/Desktop planning experience within a network planning environment
- Strong personal track record of achievement within a related environment.
- Knowledge of fibre types
- Knowledge of fibre splicing and splice diagrams
- Having great communication skills is also necessary as you will also be liaising with the Provisioning, Network and Installations teams.
- A high personal drive to deliver within set KPIs
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Planning experience with PIA would be extremely advantageous
- SalesForce Experience
- Mapinfo & OSPinsight Experience
If you’re a driven Fibre Network Designer and think you could be our next G.Networker, please hit apply and a member of the team will be in touch!
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.