Fibre Engineer - Core/Backbone
£32.5k basic + bonus + excellent benefits
Our Fibre Engineering Backbone team plays a fundamental role in our ambitious plans to bring world class full fibre FTTP broadband to London. We’re looking for experienced Fibre Engineers with the rodding and fibre splicing experience to help us build the core spine of our network to the very highest standards. We’re an agile, fast-growing team with an inclusive and solutions driven culture. You’ll benefit from extensive training at our Fibre Academy, and have structured career development opportunities within our growing organisation.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of a team to install our core fibre network infrastructure using 96f and 24f cable
- Splice fibre cable, interpret company designs, surveys and fibre plans
- Rodding and roping, cable pulling
- Fibre testing and fault finding
- Carry out area surveys and risk assessments
- Produce method statements
- Plan workload to deliver tasks and projects efficiently, and meet company KPIs
Skills, experience and qualifications (essential)
Proven experience in:
- Successfully building the core/spine of a fibre network, with a range of different fibre types
- Solving networking problems where information is missing or ambiguous
- Using a fusion splicer and fibre splicing
- Rodding and roping
- Basic PC literacy
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- An understanding of PON and active ethernet technologies
- Experience with a fibre broadband carrier e.g. Openreach or Virgin Media
- Experience in PIA (Physical Infrastructure Access) of the BT Network, fibre blowing
- Operating iOLM and OTDR
- Ability to interpret SLD Telecom construction blueprints
- Accredited external qualifications in fibre installation (e.g. CNCI, COPT, City & Guilds, BTEC)
- Upload your CV and answer a few quick Yes/No questions. 5 mins max
- If we think there’s a match, one of our team will get in touch and arrange a phone call to ask you more about your experience, and answer your questions
- If the outcome of that call is positive for both of us, we’ll set up a video interview with one of our Field Managers
- Offer and start ASAP
Ex Military candidates
We encourage applications from ex-military candidates considering a career switch to fibre. Use your Enhanced Learning Credits to train in fibre. If you’ve completed your CNCI Fibre and COPT courses with CNet training, you’ll be guaranteed an interview.
We’re rebuilding London’s broadband from the fibre up. Street by street, building by building, we’re installing state-of-the-art full-fibre broadband connections to give the capital the internet upgrade it’s been waiting for. And once our infrastructure is installed, we offer world-class service to residents and businesses across London.
It’s a project like no other. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for great people to join us. G.Networkers are nimble, entrepreneurial, and never settle for second best. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bring your whole self to work
G.Network is a diverse and inclusive company and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our network will serve Londoners in all their amazing diversity. That’s why we want our workforce, as far as possible, to reflect that diversity. We hire people based on their talents and what they can deliver as G.Networkers - not on their background, or their views on the best way to do the job.